While our research could not identify one application that offers the full suite of worker protection solutions during COVID-19 (one that offers health and safety guidelines to help workers make informed decisions during COVID-19 and access employment resources and to enable businesses to reopen and operate safely), we found some applications and websites developed to help in employee safety and business continuity amidst COVID-19.
1. PEGA COVID-19 Employee Safety and Business Continuity Tracker
- The PEGA COVID-19 Employee Safety and Business Continuity Tracker helps organizations ensure employee safety and enables them to reopen and operate safely.
- Some of its benefits include:
- Enable employees to notify their employer of their health status
- Take action as each employee’s status changes
- Manage employee availability for on-site or remote work
- Track how many employees have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, tested, or self-quarantined
- Help healthy employees reenter the workforce
- PEGA has not released any official figures on the number of downloads this application has.
2. Domo’s Safe Worker App
- This application allows employers to stay in touch with their employees during emergency situations, see employee status, and communicate updates.
- The application currently has over 500 downloads from Google Play.
3. Decision Inc Covid-19 Employee Safety App
- This application makes it easier for businesses to ensure the safety of their employees to return to work, provides controls, and minimizes the disruption of business.
- Since the application is a relatively new one, details on its adoption are still scant.
- Other employee safety and business reopening apps include:
- Kirusa Safe Reopening App: “Safe Reopening is a web application that helps employers advise their employees whether to go to work based on self-reported data.”
- Salesforce’s Work.com: “new technology solutions and resources to help business and community leaders around the world reopen safely, re-skill employees and respond efficiently on the heels of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- Appian’s Workplace Safety app: “collects self-reported information, like when workers disclose that they’ve been exposed to the coronavirus, into a central hub so managers can determine when they can return to work.”