By using software collaboration software, companies can increase employees’ productivity because they can plan, coordinate, and control distributed projects as well as streamline communication and collaboration regardless of where employees are located. Some of the top project collaboration software platforms available in the US include Wrike, Basecamp, Monday.com, and Zoho Projects. The requested details of these software platforms have been curated and populated in the attached spreadsheet.
- Wrike is one of the top project collaboration software that helps companies effectively organize and manage their projects regardless of where employees are based. Some of Wrike’s clients include Dell, Google, Airbnb, Siemens, and Estee Lauder among others.
- Wrike’s project collaboration software platform is cloud-based and has user-friendly navigation with flexible project views for easier project management and collaboration. According to the Digital Project Manager, in addition to users being able to easily shift from dashboards, timesheets, reports, and calendars, Wrike’s simple interface also allows users to switch from “Kanban boards, interactive drag-and-drop Gantt charts, and traditional workload views, allowing them to choose how to visualize their priorities.”
- Ogilvy’s senior production said, “Everything I see now in Wrike is live and in its current status, which is a big plus to me. We can jump on the job, look at the last couple of comments on it, and pick up the ball up and run with it from there.”
- Hootsuite’s project manager also said, “Wrike makes me a much better project manager because I am able to track and monitor all of my projects in one place.”
- Basecamp is a web-based project management software platform with a modern social media-like interface. The platform’s interface is easy to use, something that enables users to collaborate effectively with both teammates and clients.
- Additionally, the software is fully responsive and a user can manage as well as check the progress of his or her projects via a mobile phone while on the go.
- Some of Basecamp’s customers include NASA, Shopify, Quartz, 3M, and the University of Miami among others.
- Dale Lavine of NASA said, “We’ve had less confusion with task responsibilities and deadlines, which has increased productivity and efficiency.”
- Samantha Silberberg of Quartz also said, “We are all collaborating more on feedback, it helps to show accountability as well.”
- Some of Basecamp’s key features include;
- Previously known as Dapulse, Monday.com is a project management collaboration software that syncs all information into one accessible hub.
- The software’s time tracking, collaboration, reporting, and project management features enable users to upload and attach files, make comments, and tag teammates among other things while its multiple dashboards allow better tracking of progress. Monday.com also has a client board and companies can invite their clients to view project roadmaps if necessary.
- The platform’s simple and visually intuitive layouts also help companies to clarify the sequence of work and this is one of the things that makes it a great project management software.
- Adobe, Hulu, CocaCola, BBC Studios, and Universal are some of Monday.com’s customers.
- The Chief Financial Officer at McChrystal Group, Shawn Murray, said; “Monday.com was instrumental in our firm’s 60% revenue increase during the COVID-19 outbreak.”
- Tye Rapley-Hawkins of Telefonica also said, “With Monday.com, we’re 30% more efficient at delivering hundreds of campaigns seen by millions of customers.”
- Some of Monday.com’s key features include;
4. Zoho Projects
- Zoho Projects is a cloud-based project management tool that helps companies get their projects done on time and within a budget. The platform allows users to break their projects into “smaller milestones, tasks, and subtasks for easier tracking.”
- The software’s milestone feature enables users to assign end dates for milestones as well as due dates for the tasks within a milestone while the Kanban allows the users to visualize the workflow with parameters such as ‘Task List’, ‘Priority’ and ‘Percentage Completed’ among others. Users can also collaborate through several channels such as forums, chat, feeds, and Wikis.
- Some of Zoho Projects’ clients include S&P Global, Siemens, Stanford University, Pepsico, and Caterpillar among others.
- Paulina Mora of Cartodata said, “Before Zoho, we were chained to the desk at the office, after Zoho, we can be anywhere and be in charge of our projects.”
- Sriram Iyer of NalandaWay also said, “Zoho Projects makes our people very efficient, productive and makes our impact much more visible.”
- Some of Zoho Projects’ key features include;
To find the top project collaboration software platforms available in the US, we looked for articles and reports containing lists of the top or leading project collaboration platforms. However, while we found several pre-compiled lists from credible sources such as Finances Online, The Digital Project Manager, G2, Capterra, and Trust Radius, none of the lists were similar. Therefore, we decided to pick the most common/repeated software platforms from the lists and we were able to compile the above findings. Some of the sources such as Finances Online and the Digital Project Manager came up with their lists of top project collaboration software platforms after considering things such as functionality, pricing, complexity, features, mobile support, client service, and available integrations of the platforms.