Between the Lines and St. Paul’s Morning Report podcasts are some Canadian Pharmaceutical company Podcasts that create content for health care practitioners and the public.
1. Between The Lines
- Between The Lines is a podcast created by PDCI and invites industry leaders and experts to air their insights on the trends and controversies surrounding the Canadian pharmaceutical landscape today. The first episode highlighted the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB) drug pricing reforms that will affect Canadian stakeholders. In the first episode, Kimberly Robinson, director of Pricing and Market Access at PDCI, engages the audience by sharing her perspective on why lower patented drug prices are problematic.
- Between The Lines is hosted by Brittany Humphries, a Health Economic Modeler & Policy Research Associate at PDCI. The discussion topic revolves around critically important policy discussions in the pharmaceutical industry in Canada, the future of pharma care, and the changing private payer landscape. The podcast hosts guests to discuss current topics such as considerations for an evolved pharma commercial model in the wake of COVID-19, Canada’s drug supply chain, the evolving role of specialty pharmacy in Canada, and financial resources available to Canadian pharma.
- The audio is relevant for listeners interested in family medicine, primary care, and general internal medicine topics. Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and residents can benefit from this podcast. In recent times, the conversations in the podcast have mainly revolved around the COVID-19 ongoing crisis. The podcast covers topics such as Emergency Response Act, financial relief measures, medical products needed to treat COVID-19, public health provision, the Patent Act and government-approved compulsory licenses
2. St. Paul’s Morning Report
- Nominated as one of the most influential pharmaceutical podcasts, St. Paul’s Morning Report is a podcast led by doctors and employees from the St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver. The podcast aims to interview doctors and experts with different specialties and perspectives about current and pressing healthcare issues every day.
- The hosts (physicians) discuss current topics delegated to a dynamic mix of doctors with different specialties and interests. These physicians come together to openly discuss challenging cases, working through obstacles, examining different techniques of approach. The hosts also discuss alternative practices, the many paths to get the right diagnosis and treatment for the patients, new findings, and medical studies.
- The podcast has episodes that run for 30-45 minutes. The Morning Reports are more of a knowledge share and the willingness to provide information that may not be readily available to many. Each episode is presented by the chief medical resident and mainly focuses on a challenging medical case while reserving confidential patient information. Morning Report audios can be shared with the medical fraternity.