Trends that demonstrate the importance of mobile devices in online gambling include the rise of social gaming, changing consumer habits, implementing new forms of technology, and the growth of live dealer casinos.
1. Rise of Social Gaming
- Social gaming allows players to play slot games online, contribute to discussion boards, play poker machine titles, and chat in virtual reality.
- According to a report by GlobeNewswire, the social gaming market in the United States will grow at a rate of 13.4% in the next five to six years. The global social gaming market is projected to grow by $25.4 billion.
- According to the report, the use of smartphones for entertainment is expected to drive the growth of the social gaming market.
- According to The Drop, in 2019, social gaming on mobile devices contributed an estimate of $3.9 billion in revenue to the global social gaming market. The global revenue from social gaming was estimated to be more than $4 billion.
- According to the Casino Journal, social gaming gained importance during the COVID-19 pandemic due to measures put in place by the government that required isolation and social distancing.
2. Changing Consumer Habits
- According to Linchpin SEO, consumers are increasingly choosing to use their mobile phones for gambling/gaming. There has also been an increase in free to play games globally.
- The current changes in consumer habits are partly being driven by the introduction of gambling apps.
- According to the Island Now report, “adoption and usage of smartphones are increasing day by day, and more groundbreaking gambling games are popping up online to create a social experience for players.”
- Many consumers turned to mobile gaming during the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. A report released in June by Unity showed that there had been a 50% increase in daily 3D gamers and a 17% increase in mobile gaming.
3. Implementing New Forms of Technology
- According to Play USA, the COVID-19 pandemic has made many companies switch to cashless payments in order to limit personal interactions.
- Casino resorts are already implementing forms of technology that allow “customers check-in via mobile devices.”
- New forms of technology such as cloud gaming, VR gaming, cryptocurrencies, artificial intelligence, and live play mobile casino in the mobile casino industry will improve user experience and set the pace in the gambling industry.
- Users are “trying to find the fastest and safest transaction method that can also provide maximum anonymity.” There is a “growing demand for mPOS or mobile access points and need of more new mobile wallets.”
4. Live Dealer Casinos
- Live casinos “offer the atmosphere of land-based casinos with all the advantages of online casinos, bringing casino gaming to the comfort” of user’s homes and offices.
- Live casinos are available on any device and are expected to be “the next big thing in online gambling with service at the heart. “
- The live dealer casino trend is partly driven by mobile devices. Live casinos have been made to be accessible by mobile devices due to the demand by users for more mobile casino games.
- Online gambling including live dealer casinos is estimated to grow at a rate of 13.2% in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.