The average time a user spends on a single mobile e-commerce transaction is 4 minutes. The average cumulative daily spend for on-line shopping is $73,972,602
- The average time a user is online for a retail transaction in 2019 is 4 minutes, which is one minute less than the time spent on a PC.
- There are 240 million smartphone users in the US.
- Adults spend an average of 3 hours and 43 minutes per day online.
- Almost six out of every ten shoppers say that being able to purchase products on mobile devices is a key factor when it comes to choosing brands or retailers to buy from.
- Among consumers in the US, there is a 1.53 percent e-commerce conversion rate for mobile phones.
- Over 204 million people age 14 and older will make an online purchase in 2020.
- Most m-commerce takes place on the retailer’s app. Retail apps are 7% of the total apps used on smartphones.
- Mobile app spending in Q2, 2020 by consumers totaled 27 billion U.S. dollars. Dividing 27 billion by 365, the average daily spending is $73,972,602 (calculated).
- The most recent statistics available are for 2018. The average time spent on a B2C site was 2:47 minutes. However, the length of time is driven by the type of business. See below.
Average daily spend on m-commerce
- Dividing 27 billion by 365, the average total daily spending is $73,972,602