Coverage and employees’ needs and preferences are some important considerations for Small/medium-sized businesses (SMEs) when choosing or changing health insurance providers. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Tufts Associated Health Plans, Inc. are among the top Allways Health Partners’ leading competitors. A detailed coverage of the requested information is presented below.
- Small/medium-sized businesses (SMEs) often consider the coverage of a plan when choosing or changing health insurance providers. Different providers will have varying coverage for various plans.
- Depending on the needs and capacity of the SME, the health insurance provider of choice will be the one with a clear description of the conditions covered, when coverage is not applicable, reimbursement information, and other information on restrictions such as out-of-state medical expenses.
- Ensuring that employees have sufficient but reasonable coverage is fundamental. SMEs can conduct a market analysis to benchmark the average coverage before settling on a provider to use.
2. Employees’ Needs and Preferences
- Another important factor for consideration when choosing or changing health insurance providers for SMEs is the employees’ need and preferences.
- Usually, employees will have an idea of what kind of health insurance coverage they prefer. By engaging them in the process of selecting or changing the provider, an SME can obtain important cues on the kind of provider to go for.
- Apart from sharing the information about the plan with the employees, the SMEs can also benefit from the feedback the employees give. Determining the needs and expectations of the employees is an important factor to consider as it helps in making the best decisions in terms of the choice of provider.
- The information can be used to identify the provider with health insurance plans that align with the needs and expectations of the employees. This would make the employees feel more valued and satisfied.
Competitors of AllWays Health Partners
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Inc.
- A link to the company’s website can be found here. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care is a leading provider of health insurance and related services to individuals, employers, and organizations in based in Wellesley, Massachusetts.
- Founded back in 1969, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care has grown and expanded its portfolio in terms of customer base, market share, market coverage, and services. Apart from Massachusetts, the company also serves customers in New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Maine.
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care operates as a non-for-profit organization.
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care offers a variety of health insurance plans to SMEs. These include HMO, PPO, Limited Network plans, Tiered Network plans, Medicare Enhance, and Deductible/Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP) plans.
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care derives its competitive advantage from its large customer base with over 3 million members currently. The large membership implies that the provider is trusted and has a solid foundation in health insurance business.
- Moreover, the company has an extensive experience in providing health insurance. It has been in the business for over 50 years. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care also has a high level of customer satisfaction. According to the company’s official website, 94% of the members are satisfied with their respective plans.
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care does not provide or reveal its current client portfolio.
Tufts Associated Health Plans, Inc.
- A direct link to the company’s website can be found here. Tufts Associated Health Plans is a leading health insurance provider based in Watertown, Massachusetts. The company serves customers in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Connecticut.
- Founded back in 1979, the nonprofit organization provides various health insurance plans to individuals, employers, and families.
- Tufts Associated Health Plans, Inc. offers a wide range of plans to SMEs ranging from the conventional PPO and HMO plans to limited network plans and tiered plans.
- Tufts Associated Health Plans, Inc. derives its competitive advantage from its long experience as an insurance provider having been founded in 1981. The company recently celebrated its 40th anniversary.
- The company has also received numerous awards and recognitions at the local and national levels for its excellence and commitment to its mission and people.
- Tufts Associated Health Plans, Inc. has a significant membership of over 1.17 million with a network of at least 110 hospitals and over 51,000 health care providers.
- Tufts Associated Health Plans, Inc. does not provide or reveal its current client portfolio.